We've been following fashion blogger and model Paulien Riemis for some time now, and she still remains one of our favorite fashion "It Girls." Her style (which she describes as "tomboy elegant with a playful French/Scandi touch") resonates clearly with what we envision as our own. Get to know Paulien by reading our recent interview with her. You will love her as much as we do!
1. What essentials do you carry in your Hipsters for Sisters bag?
That would be my iPhone (!!!), my wallet, my keys, my bike pass and a lip balm.
2. How do you determine the perfect bag to go with your look?
Well, it usually depends on the occasion! When going to university I need a large tote bag to carry all of my books and laptops. Still, I like to put my essentials in a smaller bag so that I don't have to look for my keys for hours. I also really like when my bag is the eyecatcher of my outfit!
3. Favorite local haunts (shopping, dining, etc!) i.e. - where does your Hipsters for Sisters bag go on a typical day with you?
I always go for coffee or lunch at Kaffeenini and Barnini, while my favourite restaurants are Le John, Josephine's and Burgers And Booze. I'm also a regular visitor at Tartine for their delicious sandwiches. Some hotspots that I personally like for shopping are LN Knits, Jutka & Riska and Princess. (All of these are located in Antwerp, Belgium)
1. Describe your style in 10 words or less.
Tomboy elegant with a playful French/Scandi touch.
2. If you could only wear one outfit for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Difficult one! It would probably be a pair of black skinny jeans, a large grey chunky knit, my Converse sneakers and a cashmere scarf. Boring much?
3. What piece(s) are you looking to splurge on next?
I'm actually looking forward to next winter to finally get my hands on THE perfect, massively big faux fur!
1. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
About 45 minutes when I take it easy.
2. Breakfast, lunch & dinner – what are you eating?
My favourite breakfast is oatmeal or muesli with blueberry yoghurt and a cup of tea. For lunch it's hard for me to resist my favourite chicken avocado bagel at Barnini Antwerp! My dinners are pretty variable: my boyfriend is a great cook and knows how to surprise me every night. My favourite dishes by him are probably home made mac and cheese, stuffed bell peppers and thai red curry.
3. On a typical day of taking pictures for your blog, how many bags does your team need to carry? What’s in the bags?
Actually I don't have a team! I usually just give my camera to a friend, a fellow blogger or my brother and we shoot some quick pictures in between classes and meetings. So I only have an extra bag for my camera and maybe a little accessory such as a hat or another pair of shoes.
4. Top tips for taking the perfect photo?
I usually go for backlight since this magical flare always manages to spice up your photo! It's also crucial to get to know your camera. Since half a year I only shoot manually and the results are great. My photos need way less editing now!
To learn more about Paulien, please visit her blog, www.Polienne.com.