As part of our Thursday Style Watch series, today we talk with fashion blogger Beth Jones of B. Jones Style. A self-proclaimed thrift and vintage junkie, Beth is truly a girl after our own heart. With a particular lust for life that's nothing short of contagious, Beth breathes excitement into everything she does and the results are wildly inspiring.
Our Q&A follows below:
1. What essentials do you carry in your Hipsters for Sisters bag?
My phone, lipstick and keys.
2. How do you determine the perfect bag to go with your look?
It's about playing dress up.. I just work with one that amps up the look.. the HFS bag is always a total statement to my outfit.. so I feel like I wear it when it goes with my "character" that day!
3. Favorite local haunts (shopping, dining, etc!) i.e. - where does your Hipsters for Sisters (HfS) bag go on a typical day with you?
I'm a thrift junkie.. so if I have a day that I don't have my two-year-old with me.. I hit up thrift stores, vintage shops, or flea markets and my HfS is seriously my favorite bag on those days.. I'm free to dig.. and not worry about a bag. I just load up my HfS with cash and cards and shop till my hearts content.
1. Describe your style in 10 words or less:
I play dress up.. it's all over the place.. but mostly Eclectic Modern Vintage.
2. If you could only wear one outfit for the rest of your life, what would it be? A high waist pair of trousers, a tee and a statement blazer with menswear shoes.
3. What piece(s) are you looking to splurge on next?
I'm dying for a pair of boots from Barneys.. but they are just dreams!
1. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
I love doing my makeup.. so I like taking my time.. probably 45 min with shower, makeup, hair and getting dressed.
2. Breakfast, lunch & dinner – what are you eating?
During a normal week Breakfast - coffee and oatmeal, lunch - turkey and gouda sandwich, Dinner - a slowcooker stew of some sort. On my fun days or weekends Breakfast - coffee and french toast, Lunch - nothing.. because I ate french toast. Dinner - A burger and fries!
3. On a typical day of taking pictures for your blog, how many bags does your team need to carry? What’s in the bags?
I wear what I shoot for my blog.. so it's usually just my bag for the day and the usual things in it except the addition of my camera and maybe touch up makeup.
4. Top tips for taking the perfect photo?
GOOD lighting. Movement. Fun walls with color is always great!
Here, Beth is wearing the Saddle Belt Bag.
To learn more about Beth, visit her blog: B. Jones Style.